On-line and Social Media Rules
The following rules provide direction for choir members and their families when participating in on-line or social media activities.
By accessing, creating or contributing to any blogs, tweets, wikis, or other on-line or other social media that references the Commonwealth Youthchoirs (or its member choirs: Keystone State Boychoir, Pennsylvania Girlchoir, and FYI), you agree to abide by these rules. Please read them carefully.
- The Code of Conduct applies to all choir members and their families when participating in on-line and/or social media activities that involve or reference the Commonwealth Youthchoirs, its’ member choirs or any member of the choirs.
- As a general matter, conduct that is inappropriate at a member choir rehearsal, on tour, or during performances is inappropriate online.
- Post only appropriate content. This includes links to other content. Each choir has members who are of varying ages and maturity level, and therefore, content that may be appropriate for older members will not be appropriate for younger members. Use common sense. When in doubt, do not post before asking your parent, member choir directors, or membership coordinator.
- Posting personal information about choir members or identifying any choir member by last name is strictly prohibited under all circumstances (even if the choir member said it is OK).
- Photos, videos and musical performances of any of the member choirs belongings to the Commonwealth Youthchoir and must not be posted on-line or in social media without permission from the Executive Director, staff (directors, managers or coordinators) or the CY Marketing Committee.
- The choir insignia and name of the Commonwealth Youthchoirs and each member choir belongs to the Commonwealth Youthchoirs and must not be posted on-line or in social media without permission from the Executive Director, staff or the CY Marketing Committee.
- Member choirs own a dedicated YouTube Channels. Only videos approved by the Executive Director, staff or the CY Marketing Committee may be posted on the member choir YouTube Channel.
You are responsible for anything you post or that is posted by a family member. Use good judgment.
Choir members (or family) who do not abide by these rules will be required to appear before the Executive Director or Choir Directors for possible disciplinary action, which may include dismissal from the choir.
If you find material that you believe is inappropriate or that violates these rules, tell your member choir directors and/or membership coordinator immediately.